June 29, 2010

The Vegetable Garden

Lots of tomatoes. I love tomato sandwiches.

This year's garden is huge. I extended it another 10 feet. I wanted to be able to plant more than tomatoes and a few squash plants. So a pack of green pepper seeds was potted and nearly everything germinated. So I just added them a week ago with a line of Hummingbird attracting flower seeds. That have yet to pop up.

I had this urge to grow pumpkins and all I did was make work for myself. I had to dig more! So I took advantage of the vertical space of a dirt mound from when we built our house 17 years ago! Pumpkin vines can grow to 30 feet long so I needed "out of the way" space for them. One week later and I have seedlings popping up! Hopefully they will be ready just in time for Halloween. I do plan on growing some "prize" sized pumpkins. The packet states they can grow up to six feet in diameter! Now that is a pumpkin!!


squash

peppers

squash rock cuc tendril

lonely strawberry

squashcucsmarigolds

watering tomatoes

wild tomatoes

pumpkin 2

pumpkin

marigold macro

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So lovely!

11:49 AM  
Blogger To Grow On said...

I nominated you for the OMB award! Pass it on! :)

http://2grow-on-books.blogspot.com/2010/08/omb-award.html

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home