June 17, 2010

Poems in a pocket.

Digging through my tiny storage room of junk I will need later,I found my old high school/early college journals. As one does I read them. This blog isn't about that well-worn subject. I'm talking about long lost poems tucked away in the pockets of notebooks that I could never utilize in school. Pockets in notebooks, I dare say it is frivolous! Excuse me, I've been reading fan-fiction of Pride & Prejudice. I might begin speaking backwards, too! I was pleasantly surprised to find one poem, that now, as I type this I can't find...

Ah, here we are. Yes, apparently I secretly plagiarized an entire song to no one but this scrap of paper. The words far off my style to be my own. Tucked away with my name to it and no date. I do often take stanzas from poems I like and put them somewhere to inspire some particular mood. So all's well and good. Then I see that it has the lines "I need you tonight" and all I can think is INXS. So it's hopeless as far as poems and lyrics go, when everyone is making it all so familiar.

One thing always leads to another. As Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently (holistic detective) would say "the fundamental interconnectedness of all things" has ruined my poetry. It was probably due to some alien five billion years ago wanting to fix a mistake or some other nonsense. *Poof* Here are humans scratching words on bits of manufactured wood pulp that secretly provide instructions on how to reverse the alien's mistake. So with that confusing bit out of the way. There are no infinitesimal poems. One cannot understand the purpose of some of the things we do, so just tuck it away in a notebook pocket.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now all I can think is: there is Pride & Prejudice fan-fic?!

Well, of course. There had to be, huh? Where do you read it?

2:04 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

There is too much of it! Published, too! Just the books I don't even wanna know what is web based. Thinking about it makes me want to try it out now. Anyway. This particular series is from Mr. Darcy's POV called "Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman" by Pamela Aidan. A librarian who after watching a BBC mini-series had to tell Darcy's story. It's quite good and well written. I'm waiting for the library to purchase the final book. When Elizabeth and Darcy can get back in the same storyline again. Book 2 was nothing but Darcy fretting and trying to move on.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home