March 26, 2006

Ghost in the Window?

bw charlottesville lg


A sunny day in downtown Charlottesville, VA. I find myself in the passenger seat of a rental mini van. I'm parked and waiting at the curb for Andre to return from his search for clove cigarettes. He stops a young woman that looks very similar to Louise, the friend we are picking up in Chicago, to ask about a store. While Andre is away pounding the soft streets of an old city, I sit with a camera.

face charlottesville sm


I snap away. Okay, well, really I push a button a few times. He returns and we have to drive a few blocks away and I am in front of another building. A handcrafted jewelry shop, a building door with a hand and a hope they turn out alright.

hand door


Cut to a few days later. We have returned home and are worn out. One horrible argument between us and lots of photos to download and sort. I find the above photos interesting and fun.

If you see the face, yeah, if not, shame on you. If there is one thing humans can do well it's seeing faces in things that do not have faces. Why do you not possess this innate ability? I find it interesting. I love ghosts. There are too many pictures out there that are completely unbelievable and plenty that have you wondering. So do they pop up in photos? Who knows but I like looking at creepy photos.

So what do you think? Ghosts in photos? Have any in yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home