March 22, 2006

Amsterdam, Netherlands. The Photos

Obviously I didn't take these so do not comment about their quality. Half of them were shot at dusk and well I had to adjust the brightness so you could see them. Click to see larger images at Flickr.

amsterdam white building amsterdam museum
amsterdam 7 amsterdam 6

I love the 4th one, the little shop or whatever it is. I haven't asked what any of these buildings are but they aren't too bad. I have some "coffee shop product" pics if anyone wants to see those.

Also there are a couple pics of some Red Light District things, not included. You know cause it is SO seedy there. Place is cleaner than any American city.

Amsterdam  street amsterdam canal 2
Amsterdam canal amsterdam 4

Did you know they have bikes that people can move their sofas with. I'm not talking American sized sofas, love seats. But on a freaking bike. The place is far too interesting to never visit.

When you can get weed cheaper than beer....something is well, strange, huh? Or better? And you get your mushrooms straight from Columbia AND wrapped and served like food to take home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Big Toe said...

Sounds like fun. I've never been but I is definitely on the itinerary

12:32 PM  
Blogger jonathan said...

Nice photos. I spent a year living in the Netherlands, including 6 months in Amsterdam, and while I probably couldn't name the streets your photos were taken (except for a couple on Spui, the Bijenkorf building and the shot from Dam square), I've certainly walked those streets many times.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home